词组搭配：be sidetracked (被引入其他话题或活动)，get sidetracked (偏离原来计划或主题)。
1. Whenever he starts telling a story, he gets sidetracked by some irrelevant detail and never finishes it.
2. We got sidetracked by a fascinating exhibit and almost missed our train.
3. Let’s stay focused and not get sidetracked by minor issues.
4. The meeting was sidetracked by a heated discussion about office decorations.
5. He always finds himself sidetracked when he is supposed to be studying for exams.
1. She was supposed to be studying for her exams, but she got sidetracked by social media.
2. The meeting was sidetracked by a heated argument between two members.
例句:Now in the old days, that meant getting out a volume and browsing through it alphabetically, maybe getting sidetracked, that was fun. (在以前，这意味着拿出一本书 然后按字母顺序搜索。中间你可能会被其他的吸引， 而它很好玩。)
例句:”Sidetracked?” This is your chance to fulfill your destiny… that your parents carelessly discarded. (现在你有机会实现 这是被你父母 草率抛弃的天命)
例句:It’s a collector’s edition, and I told her that I paid for it already, but I got sidetracked. (这是个珍藏版 我告诉她我已经付过钱了 但是我走旁道出去了)
例句:Well, I sort of got sidetracked. (翻译:我被其他事分心了 Well, I sort of got sidetracked.)
1. It’s a collector’s edition, and I told her that I paid for it already, but I got sidetracked. (翻译:这是个珍藏版 我告诉她我已经付过钱了 但是我走旁道出去了)
2. Well, I sort of got sidetracked. (翻译:我被其他事分心了 Well, I sort of got sidetracked.)
3. “I wanted to ask you something, but you sidetracked me, ” he chuckled. He seemed to have recovered his good humor. (翻译:“我想问你些事，但你总在转移话题。”他笑起来。他似乎已经恢复了他良好的幽默感。)
4. Life becomes a biological procession and the very question of immortality is sidetracked. (翻译:人生变成一种生物学的程序，而永生的问题是被搁置在一边了。)
5. He’d managed to avoid being sidetracked by Schneider’s problems. (翻译:他最终总算没有由于施奈德的问题而分心。)
6. Dealing with a national crisis. We can’t get sidetracked with public opinion. (翻译:这是在应对国家危机 不能被公众意见所左右)
7. We could snap a rubber band on our wrists every time we get sidetracked. (翻译:每当我们分心的时候 我们可以在手腕上贴个条)
8. A few days later, it look liked I got sidetracked by the idea of undertaking this polyphasic sleep experiment. (翻译:经过这些天的体验，我相信我已经大致了解了多相睡眠。)
9. That sidetracked the attention for a very long time. (翻译:在很长的时间里，这种思路转移了警方的注意力)
10. I was supposed to be writing a letter but I’m afraid I got sidetracked. (翻译:我本来应该在写信，但后来恐怕是分心干别的去了。)
11. We were all too busy trying to suss out the meaning of life to be sidetracked by such side-issues as careers. (翻译:我们都太急于找寻出人生的意义，以至于将人生的轨道偏离到了职业这种旁枝末节的议题上。)
12. Of dozens of new investment-grade and junk-bond issues that had been scheduled for the weeks after Labor Day, most have been sidetracked. (翻译:在拟定于xx月份劳工节之后几周进行的数十桩新的投资级和垃圾债券发行中，大部分都已经被搁置了。)
13. We’ve just been driving around looking for White Castle, but we keep getting sidetracked. (翻译:我们只是为了去找白色城堡 们总是碰到其他事情)
14. Nor is she likely to become one if she allows herself… to be sidetracked by idiotic flirtations. (翻译:如果她被世俗的所迷 那她永远也达不到那境界)
15. Yes, just enough so I got sidetracked and wouldn’t know that Stanley was the one I was after. Stanley? (翻译:是啊, 足够让我调转枪头， 不知道斯坦利才是我要找的人)