As an English teacher, ‘shrink’ is a word that can be explored from multiple angles. Here are four possible aspects:
1. Meaning: ‘Shrink’ is a transitive verb that means to become smaller in size or to make something smaller in size. It can also be used in a figurative sense to describe the process of diminishing or causing something to diminish.
2. Connotation: Depending on the context, ‘shrink’ can have positive, negative, or neutral connotations. Positive connotations include the idea of streamlining or optimizing something, while negative connotations can suggest loss or failure. In certain contexts, ‘shrink’ can also have a humorous or ironic tone.
3. Derivatives: There are several derivatives of ‘shrink,’ including ‘shrinkage’ (the process of shrinking), ‘shrink-wrap’ (a type of plastic wrapping that shrinks when heated), and ‘psychiatrist’ or ‘psychologist’ (colloquially referred to as ‘shrinks’).
4. Usage: ‘Shrink’ can be used in a variety of settings, from discussing fabric care to describing the impact of climate change on glaciers. It is also commonly used in business and economics to describe a decrease in revenue or profit.
Here are five examples of ‘shrink’ in context:
1. The sweater shrank in the wash, so now it’s too small for me to wear.
2. The company is trying to shrink its carbon footprint by using renewable energy sources.
3. After the recession, the economy shrank by nearly 3%.
4. The factory has implemented a new process to shrink packaging waste.
5. The movie studio hopes to shrink the time between theatrical release and streaming availability.
1. The company had to shrink its workforce in order to cut expenses.
2. The sweater I bought shrunk in the wash.
3. Economic growth has shrunk in the last quarter.
例句:Well, every cop gets sent to Bellevue to sit with a shrink. It’s okay. (every cop gets sent to Bellevue to sit with a shrink.)
例句:If you gotta find a needle, it’ll help to shrink the haystack. (好吧 你要是想大海捞针 最好能把海水先吸干)
例句:Mom and Dad found a good shrink, and they’re still together. (妈妈和爸爸找到了很好的 归缩，他们仍在一起)
例句:He is decisive and won’t shrink from a fight. (翻译:他很果断，而且不会逃避战斗。)
shrink一般作为名词、动词使用，如在shrink by(因…收缩)、shrink on(乘其热胀时把…套上)、shrink to(缩到
1. Mom and Dad found a good shrink, and they’re still together. (翻译:妈妈和爸爸找到了很好的 归缩，他们仍在一起)
2. He is decisive and won’t shrink from a fight. (翻译:他很果断，而且不会逃避战斗。)
3. April, if you need a shrink, it’ll be paid for. (翻译:April 如果你需要心理医生 我当然要付账)
4. It’s okay to take it with your shrink meds. (翻译:这个可以跟心理医生开的药一起吃 我查过的)
5. You’re a shrink, too? Right? A shrink on top of being a reporter? (翻译:难道你还是个心理医生 一个心理医生兼记者)
6. CA: The size of that tribe can shrink or expand. (翻译:CA：部落的大小可以缩小 也可以增大。)
7. I wouldn’t try to shrink the shrink, Warren. (翻译:- 秆弄み瞆洛ネ痷ぃ琌种 Warren)
8. I saw her shrink, Dr Nina Gearing. (翻译:我见过她的心理医生了 , Nina Gearing医生)
9. As temperature increases, the microgels shrink, and the diols would be released. (翻译:当温度升高时，由于微凝胶收缩，葡萄糖和茜素红又可以被释放出来。)
10. Says Khine: “Shrinky Dinks shrink by 60 percent, but our new polymer shrinks 95 percent. And the properties shrink more consistently. ” (翻译:凯尼表示：“ShrinkyDinks的收缩能力是60%，们的新型聚合物收缩能力达95%，而且收缩的特性更加一致。”)
11. What goes on between her and her shrink is private. (翻译:她和她 心理医生之间的谈话都是隐私，你知道。)
12. If we take longer than a minute, the room will shrink again. (翻译:如果我们超过一分钟的话 这个房间会继续缩进)
13. – This friend of mine, she’s a shrink… (翻译:- иΤ狟ね琌み瞆洛ネ – 琌盾临盾)
14. Informix 11.70 also provides compress, repack, and shrink. (翻译:Informix 11.70还提供压缩、重新打包、和收缩功能。)
15. The real killer all along was the shrink. (翻译:真正的凶手一直都是… 那个心理医生)