Refusal is a noun that means the act of refusing or declining something. It is typically used in formal or serious contexts.
The word is a noun and can be used in a variety of situations, such as refusing a job offer, refusing to comply with a law or order, refusing to accept an apology, or refusing to lend money.
Some common phrases and expressions with ‘refusal’ include ‘to meet with refusal’, ‘to receive a refusal’, ‘out of sheer refusal’, and ‘to be met with refusal at every turn’.
The unciation of ‘refusal’ is ree-fyoo-zuhl, with emphasis on the second syllable. The spelling is straightforward and is spelled as it sounds.
Overall, ‘refusal’ is a useful word for expressing a lack of willingness or desire to do something, and it is important to understand its use and meaning in different contexts.
1. After several attempts to convince her, I finally had to accept her refusal.
2. The company’s refusal to negotiate with the workers’ union led to a strike.
but your application has been met with a refusal.
例句:Refusal has always been an essential gesture and therefore to work it needs to be great, absolute, and absurd. (拒绝一向都是重要的品质 而践行此道的人应该是 伟大的 纯粹的 甚至是荒谬的)
例句:Ms. Lockhart is desperate to make this hearing about Governor Florrick’s refusal to testify. (Lockhart女士急于想把聆讯搞成 Florrick州长拒绝作证的样子)
例句:Well…that was just another paean to male adolescence… and its refusal to grow up. (Well… 又是一部青春剧… 没人想长大)
例句:Given the context, Tompkins’ straightforwardness and refusal to moralize is bracing. (翻译:特定的语境中，Tompkins对道德的直率和拒绝令人振奋。)
refusal一般作为名词使用，如在refusal to(拒绝…)、drinking refusal(拒饮)、first refusal(优先取舍权)等常见短语中出现较多。
1. Well…that was just another paean to male adolescence… and its refusal to grow up. (翻译:Well… 又是一部青春剧… 没人想长大)
2. Given the context, Tompkins’ straightforwardness and refusal to moralize is bracing. (翻译:特定的语境中，Tompkins对道德的直率和拒绝令人振奋。)
3. – Belicoff’s softening political stance and his refusal to cooperate with hardliners upset a lot of people. (翻译:-显然贝利考夫温和的立场 又拒绝和合作 惹恼很多人)
4. But my refusal to go to England wasn’t due to filial piety. (翻译:我不想去英国的原因 并不是因为我特别孝顺)
5. In principle, it is agreed that the Inspirer can take away from man the power of refusal. (翻译:从原则上讲，它是一致认为，鼓动可以从人的权力拒绝。)
6. But his refusal to offer a premium earned a swift rebuff from Anglo. (翻译:然而，他拒绝提额外费用，这使得英美资源集团迅速回绝了他的并购提议。)
7. Punishment for skipping detention… is three days’ suspension… and refusal of your prom tickets. (翻译:对于没去课后留校处罚的惩罚 是3天的停学 没有去舞会的票)
8. Your refusal to explain yourself just makes you look complicit. (翻译:你拒绝为自己辩解 只会让你显得更可疑 Your refusal to explain yourself just makes you look complicit.)
9. The greatest obstacle to her recovery was her refusal to face what she had done. (翻译:而她康复最大的阻碍 则是她从未曾承认过自己的所作所为)
10. This refusal to put up with the old stifling paradigms is helping the shift toward the Light and was inevitable. (翻译:这个拒绝套用旧的沉闷的范例正帮助完成到光的转变，这是不可避免的。)
11. I could tell that my refusal to allow him to ruffle me infuriated him. (翻译:我可以断定，我拒绝让他激怒我使他很恼火。)
12. Well, unfortunately, in the ’80s, someone gave him story refusal rights, so no. (翻译:不可能的，xx年代有大人物允许他… 有权选择自己的新闻报道，所以…)
13. I would be happy to be part of that committee for recommendation or refusal. (翻译:我会很开心的参与一个 处理以及拒绝的委员会 处理以及拒绝的委员会)
14. Mimi had got over her pique at Susan’s refusal to accept the job. (翻译:米米已经不再因苏珊拒绝这份工作而生气了。)
15. Refusal to do so will result in your obliteration. (翻译:螤喂胃伪谓萎 维蚁谓畏蟽畏 胃伪 蟺蚁慰魏伪位苇蟽蔚喂 蟿畏谓 蔚尉维位蔚喂蠄萎 蟽伪蟼.)